KNOW TO GLOW WITH SABINA JASINSKI
Originally a Swede living in London, Sabina Jasinski is a qualified Biomedical Scientist with a specialization in sustainable ingredients and skin science. She is passionate and interested in what we put into and onto our bodies and therefore created Know to Glow in order to translate all her research and experience for both men and women around the world.
Know To Glow is an educational platform she began 3 years ago when she realized so many people she met had the same misconceptions and questions about skincare and wellness. She was regularly asked questions like - "What's my skin type? Do you only use natural products? What's your opinion on Botox? Do you know this brand? Where is this ingredient derived from? "etc. Know to Glow answers questions and also educates viewers in a fun bite size way and also generates custom made regimes for private clients. She sources unknown and know local brands from all around the world and allocates customized products to her clients.
Greatest inspirations or influences?
- My mother, she is a doctor, always influenced and still influences (sometimes by force) on simplicity in skincare and make-up, clothing and living healthy and happily.
- Bruce Weber - he can capture anyone’s raw beauty, I had the privilege to shoot with him on various occasions and his vision of beauty is super cool.
Favorite websites, social media handles or publications?
I am an art fan but by no means an expert – I love loud colours and crazy pictures, this is where I find my inspiration for Know To Glow.
From your expertise on the field what are three products you, yourself cant live without.
- Egyptian magic – is a multi-purpose balm made up of Olive Oil, BeesWax, Honey Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, Bee Propolis. Great for dry skin, elbows, as a lip balm, hair mask, you name it!
- MSM supplements – im not a fan of vitamin supplements, i believe people should eat better and stick with fresh foods instead of vitamins in pill form. But this guy is great at is helps your cells all over the body detoxify and obtain nutrients from the food you eat. It strengthens your cartilage as it boosts collagen production which is great for my skin and my runner’s knees!
- Goldfaden Fresh-a- peel: a lactic acid face mask that i use 2-3 times a week dissolves dead skin cells along with build up from living in London. Everyone should use a form of this product as it keeps your skin fresh, clean and detoxified!
Can you share a skincare fact or tip that might be of interest to our audience?
- 1. Buy Cosmetics/Skincare in Pumps No matter what you buy, if a product comes in pump form you are cutting out nasty preservatives as you don't need to put your fingers in a pot. Makes sense right? Brands like Goldfaden MD and Ren have this down to a T.
- 2. Keep your Eye cream in the Fridge Wake up your tired eyes with this easy tip- the cooling effect will tone down puffiness and your product will stay fresh for longer. Good morning!
- 3. There is no Debate- Always Exfoliate! Whether you use an acid mask or a manual scrub, brush away those stubborn dead skin cells at least twice a week. Build up of make up, dirt and skin is gone, leaving your serum and cream sink in deeper. You will be left with a more even and glowing complexion. Buy Lactic acid masks- they are the most gentle of them, even for rosacea and sensitive types!
- 4. Don't forget your SPF! London, Honolulu, Bangkok or Stockholm- there is no excuse to skip the protection of SPF. Sun factor 30 will do the trick- no need to go higher as stronger factors contain nasty metals and chemicals. Follow this equation- SPF 30 x10= you are protected from burning for 300 minutes. Always remember to re-apply.
- 5. Don't be fooled by Organic Oils Read up on non comedogenic oils. This is a rating from 0-5 telling you which oil will let your skin breathe and which oil will cause you to break out. 0- the best, most breathable, blocks and congests your skin.
Style icons in your opinion?
- David Gahan from Depeche Mode –I am the 80s
- Anabel Englund - I wish I could have my hair blue, pink and orange!
- Chiara Ferragni – tattoos and hermes bags always go well together.
Anything else about you that you would like to share?
I am lucky and blessed with good genetics and a pretty sweet complexion. A lot of people suffer from acne, scarring, pigmentation and other things that I never had to deal with personally. But I am so happy to suggest routines and products based on my scientific expertise but we are all different and there is never a quick fix. Beauty starts with mental health, nutrition, exercise and living a balanced life. I don’t always follow “the rules” of a skincare routine; I love fast food and having a few drinks. The most important thing is to keep your life fun and balanced. That is what will give you the internal glow. You know?
Follow this awesome chick on
- instagram @knowtoglow