RareNoise is a record label and music publisher from London, United Kingdom. It was founded by Italian musician Eraldo Bernocchi and Giacomo Bruzzo in 2008 - since then it has released about 30 albums. The philosophy of RareNoise was to foster and promote music that sits at crossroads of genre, taste, technology and formats. All the releases are "omni-genre", and involve both well-known musicians (for example Harold Budd, Colin Edwin of Porcupine Tree, Robin Guthrie, Nils Petter Molvaer, Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson, multi Grammy winner Bob Belden, Mexican uberdrummer Hernan Hecht) and young talent (The Mantra Above The Spotless Melt Moon) who are able to seamlessly move between genres (electric Jazz, Rock, Metal, Dub, Folk, and also Techno), yet are able to move the listener from an emotional point of view. The releases are all very very intense.
Giacomo what are you greatest inspirations or influences?
All music traditions, all technologies.
What are some of the exciting bands coming out of RareNoise?
- A young Italian rock band from Naples (who sing in an immaculate English) called "The Mantra Above The Spotless Melt Moon" - they are touring Italy and UK intensely - toured NYC in 2010.
- A super powerful jazz rock quartet, called Naked Truth, featuring Italian bass player Lorenzo Feliciati, British-Norwegian keyboard player Roy Powell, NYC trumpet player Graham Haynes and US drummer (once with King Crimson, XTC, and now Stickmen) Pat Mastelotto. They are playing on September 26th at the ShapeShifter Labs in Brooklyn (18 Whitwell Place, Brooklyn, NY 11215) a super-cool new venue. Come, it will be a blast.
What kind of talent do you look to represent?
Over time we have created an extended family of musicians across Italy, UK, EU, Mexico, US whom we try to put in mutual contact for collaborations etc. Generally all musicians of incredible instrumental caliber possessing both depth of understanding of musical traditions and incredible will to experiment.
Up and coming talent you think everyone should know about?
The Mantra Above The Spotless Melt Moon (www.facebook.com/themantraatsmm)
Tell us about Naked Truth and upcoming show...
Naked Truth is a very intense jazz-rock quartet (with an accent on the "rock" part) - the music will satisfy people who love 70s Miles Davis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson. Very intense tight visual music - possibly also quite loud!
To get an idea of what they sound like checkout
- http://soundcloud.com/rarenoiserecords/01-naked-truth-dust/ and
- http://soundcloud.com/rarenoiserecords/06-naked-truth-yang-ming-has and
Favorite websites, blogs, publications?
- Websites / Blogs - pitchfork.com, TheQuietus.com
- Publications : PROG, JazzWise Magazine, DownBeat, The Wire, Jazzit, JazzTimes
Anything else you'd like to share?
Best I can do is to encourage your readers to head over to www.rarenoiserecords.com/jukebox - where you can get a sense of what we do for yourselves... Be curious, be critical