EDUARDO ALCIVAR INTERVIEW
Magic, unicorns and glitter are three words I like to use when describing the magical world of Eduardo Alcivar, a talented artist and film maker who instantly charms you with his warmth and talent.
Eduardo Alcivar was born and raised in Guayaquil, Ecuador and from a very early age developed a keen sense and love for the arts. After high school, Eduardo studied Graphic Design at Istituto Europeo Di Design, (IED) in Milan, Italy where he also became interested in Film & Photography. Heavily influenced by the works of Graphic Designers [Bauhaus, Kandinsky, Herbert Bayer], Photographers[Helmut Newton, Tim Walker, Walker Evan] and the films Amadeus [Milos Forman], Brazil[Terry Gilliam], 8 and a Half[Federico Fellini], Eduardo began a search deeper into the beauty of moving images. Fashion photography and stills were not enough to share his vision. With film, Eduardo is able to play and express his visual style and specific aesthetic with the yearning to transport his audience to other places, sharing experiences and leaving with them with something to think about and even relate to. In 2009 he moved to New York to attend the New York Film Academy and has since completed various short films, music videos and fashion commercials. He is currently prepping for his first feature film, which will be produced and shot later this year in Italy.
Favorite websites, blogs?
Your top 3 favorite places in New York?
Nitehawk Cinema, Tacombi & Le Baron
How do your travels influence your visual style in film?
Traveling is my fuel of inspiration. It feeds my brain- I like to observe and interact with every culture in the world, absorb it all and try to emulate them through my work. It's the best investment you can give to yourself.
Up and coming artists/creatives we should know about?
- great production company http://www.muco-pictures.com/,
- top editor http://www.saori-yamamoto.com
- young architects http://www.lateliersenzu.com/
- top photographer http://www.charliewan.com/
- favorite stylist http://www.jennihensler.com/
Anything else youd like to share, up and coming projects etc?
- Here is a fashion commercial I recently shot for Mordekai featuring Bradley Soilea
- Another fashion commercial for a very cool brand called Show Me Your Mumu
- I'm also working with poet writer & model, Greta Bellamacina, and our goal is to merge poetry with film and create something beautiful.
- Film-wise, I'm finishing my latest short film called "stockholm"
Check out more of Eduardo Alcivar