T L - 1 8 0 INTERVIEW
I am completely in love with the entire T L - 1 8 0 accessory collection created by Luisa Orsini & Tine Peduzzi, who are incredibly cool and stylish designers that met several years ago in Rome during a party at Villa Medici.
How did you start TL 180?
We both just finished our studies ( architecture & fashion) and used to burn time together by painting, drawing etc.. then we decided take one of our paintings and turn it into a clutch, it was our first bag! So we moved from Roma to Paris and created our first collection.
Greatest inspirations and influences?
- We are actually inspired by everything around us. It could be an old woman and the way she moves, a wall (as for our first collection), a movie, photography...etc
- Our first inspiration is German artist Anselm Kieffer because of his approach to fabrics.
Fashion icons in your opinion? Someone with a personality strong enough to make you want to be something like her/him/it .
Who are the girls you have in mind when you design your beautiful pieces? It depends, our work is really instinctive. We don t have a specific girl, it really depends..though could be an Anna Karina !
Challenges of starting your own collection?
It has to be a perfect compromise between new, strong, and useful.
Favorite websites, blogs, publications?
- Shampalove, Billynava (photos),
- Les inrockuptibles, Giorgia Tordini in Grazia.it ,
- Skyscanner , Aladamico,
- and www.alessandromaida.com for amazing illustrations.
Upcoming projects and where can we buy the collection? It will be up on the website soon and we have lots of projects but we wont speak about them until they are realized first!
- Giorgia mondello (grotta ferrata, ) ; Casa Clementina ( Via Clementina 9 Rione Monti,Roma)
- pierrot le fou ( tbilisi Georgia) Frip satr ( Vintage ,Paris ), rellik in (Vintage ,London.)
Anything else youd like to share? We are working on a new jewellery project really soon!