CEM & RG INTERVIEW
Cem & Rg never let go of the groove in their dark trippy and uplifting sets. Their young minds keep the duo's music energetic, while their experience seals the deal for the dance floor. Having played at parties like, BLKMARKET, ReSolute, South America Music Conference, Miami WMC and various parties around the world, the duo got to share the booth with important international artists during long lasting dj sets and proved that their sound is not to be missed. Cem & Rg were close childhood friends who went to the same high school together, bought Ministry of Sound cd's and began buying equipment early on. Right now located in NYC, the duo is working on some releases plus their debut album for Sleep is Commercial.
Greatest inspirations or influences?
- Back in the day when minimal and techno was much more popular , we got the chance to listen and evolve with the sound. There are so many artists making and playing really good music. I guess time was our biggest influence.
- Also our friends were a big inspiration and influence. We do what we do to make them happy and dance
Most memorable sets so far?
- I would say Club Der Visionaire in Berlin and Secret Sundays 10 year anniversary boat party by Blk Market.
- Also bunch of after parties in NY and couple private parties in Istanbul - priceless
Upcoming projects, gigs?
- We are working hard in the studio these days. Just had a release from Sleep is Commercial with Andrea Ferlin . There is a Wareika remix on the release which is pretty cool. here is a link you can check it out. http://www.beatport.com/release/cant-stop-coughin/822127
- We're working for an album for the label and have bunch of other productions that we might send to other labels and friends. Working on a live show as well.
- For our gigs we were just in Bogota, Colombia with the Morph family and Seth Troxler. Paco Osuna at Blk Market and a NY debut coming up with Frank & Tony aka Adultnapper and Anthony Collins by Autobrennt at the Rivington Penthhouse.
Favorite tracks of 2011?
There is a bunch. but what really made me happy was productions and releases from friends-
- James what - About Love / Crosstown Rebels
- Vadim Svoboda - Supercharged / MakeSense Rec.
- Andrea Ferlin's upcoming album on Sleep is Commercial
- and some unreleased stuff from Francesco Assenza
9 gag and seamless web where we order food from.
Anything else you'd like to share?
You can find our upcoming shows and info online.