LOW PITCH ORCHESTRA
Here's an interview with Carlos Mejia, a half of the duo that pefrorms as Low Pitch Orchestra. He and Mateo Aquirre began creating happy feel good music for their closest friends and now we can't wait to see where they go next.
What is Low Pitch Orchestra?
Its a project of pitched down music that never compromises to one genre but it does compromise on a right feeling as the name is self explanatory members of the orchestra usually are invited to join for special occasions. What makes LPO different to everything else going on in this genre?
Im not trying to explore on originality but more on what feels right for me. There are so many good people doing great music its inspiring. upcoming events?
Yes! We're getting booked to play for really good people, dates are always posted in our site www.lowpitchorchestra.comGreatest inspirations or influences?
- the beach is always a good one for me plus women dancing, space,delays,deep,funk & sushi.
Most memorable sets so far?
- I had the chance to go and play for some people in Mazatlan Mexico which was surreal playing on a yacht at sunset
- New York is always great too , had one with Kasper Bjorke or Halloween with Sleep is Comercial Cem & Rg we definitely made the people sweat.
- Mazatlan Beach in Mexico,
- Le Bain Standard NY
- Islas Del Rosario Cartagena Colombia
- Great times at house parties
Favorite websites, blogs?
Anything else you'd like to share?
Thanks for the interest in our project we are really looking fwd to playing for all my friends and the new ones we make, stay tuned in the meantime we're excited to go into the studio to produce some nice tunes. XX LPO