PROSPER REK INTERVIEW
Prosper Rek (1985),is the official Blue Marlin Resident Dj in Ibiza. Born in London, but raised in Amsterdam, he grew up surrounded by music. As a kid he played the violin for nine years before switching to bass-guitar. Since the age of 10, Prosper began to routinely visit Ibiza and in 09 became the resident dj at Blue Marlin. With so many musical influences, including House, Prosper’s style can be described only as diverse. What is key is his "adaptability" and ability to play non commercial music for a broad and International audience.
Greatest Inspirations or Influences?
- In terms of DJ’s Solomun. Musically he thinks outside the box, and is able to surprise me with his track selection.
- More inspiration comes from Joris Voorn, also great for his track selection!
Most memorable Set this summer?
- Closing on a sunday night at Blue Marlin Ibiza’s terrace this summer was simply amazing.
- Summer here in Ibiza is almost over. Looking forward to the closing party of Blue Marlin the 2nd of October together with Robert Owens and Kerri Chandler.
- Also looking forward to the ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event) starting Oct 19th. I will play 2 sets with my good friends Goldfish Live.
Top Tracks of the Summer?
Hmm got a few actually depending on the time of my set:
- Jamie Woon – Night Air (Solomun edit),
- NTFO – Uberha, Kraak & Smaak - Lets Go Back feat. Romanthony (Solomun Remix)
- Thyladomid Adriatique – Deep In The Three,
- Maceo Plex - Falling,
- Negru - Break Into The Record Store.
- Decks.de - Beatport – Soundcloud – Mixcloud.
Artists we should be paying attention to?
- Prosper Rek haha
- Solomun, David August, Guti, Maceo Plex.
Anything else Prosper?
If in ibiza, don’t hasitate to come and listen to one of my sets on thursday or friday starting at 1 pm at the Blue Marlin. Don’t forget to come and say hi