LARISSA LANDINEZ INTERVIEW
Larissa Landinez, originally from Venezuela, graduated as a computer engineer, but then decided to move to Florence, Italy, to learn jewelry design. It was her mother who encouraged her when early on she saw Larissa's creative talents. In Florence, Larissa studied jewelry design at Alchimia and Le Arti Orafe.
Greatest inspirations or influences?
- I pretty much design based on the style I like to wear. My clients can inspire me and I had my mom’s style influence since I was a child I admired her great charm. I envision a delicate, very feminine and sensual woman with her own sense of style.
Style icons in your opinion?
- Brigitte Bardot's sensuality is fabulous
- Grace Kelly's charm is unique and mysterious
- Nowdays I have to say Kate moss is fantastic
- Rising star Camille Belle is just adorable and charming
Who is the girl you have in mind when you are designing your pieces?
- I envision a chic elegant woman who knows what she wants and knows how to get it and at the same time very glamorous and feminine.
- Jewelry gives us the final touch to our inner beauty inside our souls -all women are like flowers we just need to add the right elements to shine
Challenges of what you do? My greatest challenge has been creating pieces that are likable to any women of the world. So far I have been able to do so selling pieces in Asia, Europe and America.
Gavorite websites, blogs, publications?
- Boticca the online boutique for unique jewelry and fashion accessories by top emerging designers from around the world where I showcase my jewelry
- Polyvore I love it and is a the web's largest community of taste makers where people can discover their style and set trends around the world and of course I enjoy creating sets with my jewelry and also it’s very fun and interesting to see how people use my jewelry creating sets
- The key Item It’s a key for accessories
- Keiko Lynn Great style and fashion tips
- Plucky Finds like she says the beautiful, quirky, classy, whimsical, cultural, glamorous and plucky!
- Ninunina Love your versatility,content and design
- Profashional Love him!
- Maria Carla in wonderland he knows about style and visionary.
- "Jewelleryscape Exhibition is a web exhibition gathering over 250 works made by goldsmiths and designers coming from all over the world. Jewelleryscape exhibition is curated by Alba Cappellieri, Professor of Jewellery Design at Politecnico of Milan and Laura Santosuosso, Federico Stanzani, Livia Tenuta, Fashion Design' students at Politecnico of Milan.
Best part about living in Florence? Its an experience unlike no other. The quality of life is very high and its an easy going and inspiring city. There’s always something to discover and to learn.There is anamazing jewelry history , Ive even had the opportunity to share the lab with a jeweler who works for a Pontevecchio store famous for recreating and repairing antique jewelry pieces ( I can’t disclose his name since he wants to keep his privacy)!
Anything else youd like to share with our audience? I am working on more high end jewelry collections and preparing a handbag and belt collection which will debut in Sept. I am working also on my new blog which is not about me or my jewelry but a little bit of everything. So keep up to date and find out more.