FLAMINIA SACCUCI INTERVIEW
Flaminia Saccucci is a print designer from Rome who moved at 19 to London to study fashion at Saint Martins. She interned at Alberta Ferretti, Viktor & Rolf and Balmain. Now Flaminia just graduated winning the L’ Oréal Young Professional Talent Award - and her collection was nominated the best among all the graduates and featured on Vogue U.K and BOF. Speaking with BoF, the young designer described her aesthetic as “sharp, clean, but with a twist, and always balanced,” something which was particularly evident in the way her breakthrough collection harmoniously blended synthetic materials with natural florals.
Following her successful debut, Flaminia will be considering her options carefully before making any major career decisions, such as starting her own label or joining a design house.
Greatest inspirations or influences?
- I am mostly inspired by art but also the most common kind of objects can be a great start.
- To me what is interesting is the combination of differents elements.
How do you describe your style?
- Sharp with a twist- always balanced.
Fashion icons in your opinion?
- my favourite is Grace Kelly.
Most interesting response to your work so far?
- Very good shops both in London and New York are interested in my collection.
Favorite websites, blogs,publications?
- Style.com; Vogue Paris, Vogue Italia, L’Officiel, Numéro.
Whats next for you?
I only graduated few weeks ago, so now I am considering different opportunities I have been presented with. It may be a job in a fashion house or I may sell my collection to a store .