Edu Imbernon is a 22 year old dj and producer who is one of the most talented artists in electronic music. From Valencia, Spain, Edu has torn up dance floors all over the world with his hit " El Baile Aleman " produced alongside fellow partner Coyu and which was released under German label Liebe Detail and heavily supported by artists like Villalobos, Carola, Sebastien Leger, Agoria and many more.
Highlights include : a Beatport number 1 in 09 ( most sold track of the year) and in 2010 with his own label, as well as a remix of the hit " The xx- Crystalised" and performing all over the world.
Greatest inspirations or influences?
- My day to day, everything cares,
- the weather, my family, my girlfriend,
- the gigs of the weekend...
Most memorable set to date?
- If Ihave to choose one i will take the Off Sonar gig of 2010 with Los Suruba, Uner and Affkt at Moog Club Barcelona.
Upcoming gigs we should know about?
- Space Ibiza dates on 7th and 21st july,
- 25th August, 23rd September and the closing on 2nd October.
- Also upcoming shows on UK, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway and of course, Spain!
Favorite websites, blogs?
- Honestly I don't have too much time lately, but the essentials are twitter, facebook, beatport and resident advisor!
Most interesting collaborations you would like to do or have already done
- the most interesting was the remix to The XX as I really love his music. They are great and different.
- the biggest collaboration was to remix Maya Jane Coles and X-Press 2, much respect to them!
- I would like to do a remix for Florence And The Machine and maybe will happen in the future
Anything else you'd like to share?
Just to say thanks for the interview and the support.