INTERVIEW EDU IMBERNON
Edu Imbernon, a 22 year old dj and producer, is one of the most talented artists in electronic music right now. The native Valenciano from Spain has torn up dancefloors all over the planet with his hit "El Baile Alemán" (produced alongside fellow partner Coyu) released under German label Liebe*Detail and heavily supported by artists like Ricardo Villalobos, Marco Carola, Sebastien Leger, Agoria and many more. Highlights:a Beatport number 1 on 2009 (most sold track of the year) with El Baile Aleman along Coyu,another most sold track on 2010 with my own label Eklektisch with Pleasurekraft - Tarantula,remixed the hit "The XX - Crystalised" with a huge impact in the electronic music scene in the same yearand of course have performed all over the world in the last 2 years.
Greatest inspirations or influences?
- My day to day, everything cares, the weather, my family, my girlfriend, the gigs of the weekend...
Most memorable set to date?
- If Ihave to choose one i will take the Off Sonar gig of 2010 with Los Suruba, Uner and Affkt at Moog Club Barcelona.
Upcoming gigs we should know about?
- Space Ibiza dates on 7th and 21st july, 25th August, 23rd september and the closing on 2nd October.
- Also upcoming shows on UK, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway and of course, Spain!
Favorite websites, blogs?
- I dont have too much time lately...but the essentials for me are twitter, facebook, beatport and resident advisor!
Most interesting collaborations you would like to do or have already done
- the most interesting was the remix to The XX, i really love his music, they are great and different, t
- his last year the biggest collaboration was to remix Maya Jane Coles and X-Press 2, much respect to them!
- I would like to do a remix for Florence And The Machine, maybe will happen in the future ;)
Anything else youd like to share?
Just to say thanks for the interview and the support!