TAMZIN LILLYWHITE INTERVIEW
Tamzin Lillywhite originally studied fashion design at the University of Westminster. Although she specialized in women’s wear her designs always had an androgynous feel. She is drawn to design that is quite hard and powerful but still extremely sexy. Her love of leather began when she was interned with designer label Preen, she loved the way they use leathers and chiffons to create a powerful figure but still an extremely over all feminine look. Tamzin also had amazing experiences working for Bordelle and Carianne Moore. Bordelle gave her a great insight into a designer lingerie brand and working for Carianne Moore gave her experience in a multitude of areas in a new designer company. It was great to be in such a couture environment, learning traditional millinery techniques and applying them to jewelry.
Greatest inspirations or influences?
- The greatest inspiration to this point was discovering leatherwork. I really found a media that I love and it has led me on to have my own leather accessories label.
Who is the girl you have in mind when you design your collections?
I don’t ever really have a specific woman in mind however I always design for a powerful woman, I love androgynous womens wear and I hope that it comes across in my accessories as well.
Favorite websites, blogs, publications?
- I love the Wondermode blog and of course style bubble and ninunina.
- Publications I have a lot of favorites, Wonderland magazine, LOVE, Volt, 10, Numero and countless others
- I have an endless amount of magazines.
Fashion icons in your opinion?
- I really like Marion cotillard’s style and Christina Hendricks at the moment.
- But I would also love to see my accessories on Jessie J!