NO SERIOUS ART PLEASE
Laurina Paperina is a duck with a human head. She paints, draws, creates installations, video animations and sometimes even photographs. Paperina has over the past years created artworks especially about on the art world that present a ironic commentary in response to current events. Laurina Paperina took part to several publications, exhibitions and art fairs around the world. She was born in 1980 in Rovereto, Italy; now She lives in Duckland, a small town in the universe and doesn't want to make serious art!
SOLO SHOWS / ESPOSIZIONI PERSONALI
- How to kill the artists, NKV extra/Nassauischer Kunstverein, Wiesbaden, Germany
- Volta Show, New york, Usa
- Laurina Paperina Video Project, Studio Trisorio, Roma, Italy
- Neither use nor ornament, Perugi artecontemporanea Gallery, Padova, Italy
- Laurina Paperina, 18 Gallery, Shanghai, China
RECENT GROUP SHOWS
- Nuova creatività italiana, curated by R. Barilli, G. Bartorelli, A. Borbogelli, P. Granata, S. Grandi, G. Molinari, Associazione Culturale La Fabbrica, Gambettola (Cesena), Italy *
- Videoart Yearbook, curated by R.Barilli, Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Torino (Italy)
- Amateur, curated by G. Bartorelli, Galleria Perugi, Padova, Italy
- I like the art world and the art world likes me, curated by E. Doeringer, The Elisabeth Foundation for the Arts, New York, Usa *
Greatest inspirations or influences
- wild nature, cartoons, comics, television,
- death, horror movies, strange people, animals ...
Most memorable exhibition to date?
- my first solo show in Paris and then in New York City!
- Paris is a beautiful city and New York City is so full of energy, creative people and beautiful places, I love it! It was a giant event and great opportunity for my works and myself.
Upcoming projects or exhibitions?
I will do some group shows in Europe, and a solo show in Lugano (Switzerland) Titled
- "Hello Hell!"
- curated by Valeria Donnarumma and organized by Arte Urbana Lugano
- from July 19th to August 6th, 2011
- opening: July 19th - 6.30pm > 9pm
Most interesting response to your work so far?
Ive read interesting responses on many websites, blogs, and magazines mainly positive responses to my works...which I hope means that I'm doing good work and that the people can relate to my thinking.
Favorite websites, blogs?
- Sites discussing contemporary art, street art, and illustration
- "whokilledbambi", "juxtapoz", "fecalface"....
Anything else youd like to share with our audience
peolple, have fun!