Bois de Colette
Alexa Rodulfo was born in Mexico and grew up with the dream of becoming a hair and make-up artist. At the age of 16 , self taught, and with the encouragement of her parents she established a salon in Juarez which she still owns and manages.It was in 2003 that she bumped into a friend ( then Vogue editor Karla Martinez) in New York who enlisted Alexa's help for a charity event she was to attend and, many successful photo-ops later, Rodulfo's impressive client list now includes every "it girl" in town, designers, fashion editors and gorgeaus editorial work in every fashion magazine.
In 2009, Alexa branched out creating a beautiful collection of scented candles and now she is collaborating with Colette to create Bois de Colette that “perfectly harmonizes the classic and the modern,” she says, combining warm notes of cedarwood, musk, and amber with hints of pepper, cardamom, and angelica root. It will retail for $35—half of what Rodulfo’s full range of items goes for—as customers will have the chance to purchase the product without its signature decorative box and frilly pewter lid.
- It's exciting, new, fresh and I've been a client since they opened - I can't imagine being in Paris without making a stop at Colette.
- I always find things from all over the world and have discovered brands there that I'm still loyal to. When you walk in, you magically get transported and the energy level changes you feel like a kid again and you just want to discover everything.
- It was the first store that I wanted to have my candle collection and it was!
- I'm very proud of being the fist Mexican to collaborate with Colette and BOIS DE COLETTE will be exclusive for the shop and the website www.colette.fr in limited quantities!
- I'm very fortunate to do what I love and have passion for. Hair, make-up and now with my candle collection I have the opportunity to meet a lot of people, as clients then friends and have fond memorable moments together.
- The BOIS DE TAU candle which I did with the Ricky Martin Foundation www.rickymartinfoundation.org - 100% of the profits go to the Foundation that advocates for children's rights all over the world.