Céline & Sundaes in Paris
Celine was born and raised in France and was a model for a long time unti she turned 25, wondered about her life, thought right and discovered music, went to live in NYC, bought a pair of turntables... (best purchase ever) and well the rest is history...Check out the podcast she recently created for Cream Hotel.
Greatest inspirations or influences?
Many grooves... I love reggae, funk, soul, used to listen to a lot of hip hop... so I think you can hear some of that in my sets.
How did you get involved in Sonem and Sundae?
This is just about meeting the right people at the right moment. I bought my first pair of turntables in NYC, met the people from the scene, and very quickly, was given the opportunity to play the monthly Sonem Party on the rooftop of Bar 13. I met and opened for a lot of Djs during that year, including
- Seth Troxler, Shaun Reeves,Bill Patrick,Italoboyz, Brandon Moeller,
- Argenis Brito, Andomat 3000...
Then I went to Paris on holiday in 09, and met the owner of "le café Barge" totally out of the blue. I asked if I could throw summer parties on his terrace on some sundays; Sundae was born. We are on our 3rd season now.
People in the music biz you admire?
Today I love and play a range going from techno, minimal, deep house, and I even surprise myself liking nu disco!
It really depends on the place, time, and feeling.
I'm lucky to be throwing the Sundae party and to be in charge of the Dj selection, so I can invite people I like... After 2 seasons, the list is getting long, but we were lucky to have
- Seth Troxler, Daria, Guti, Soul Clap, Alejandro Mosso, Anthony Collins,
- Seuil,David K, Andres Zacco, Masomenos, Alland Byallo, Sety,
- from Karaoké to Stardom, Le loup,Varoslav, Yakine, Okain, Alex Dee
- Season starded again in the middle of April, we had Dyed Soundorom, Molly and Timid boy, just last sunday and it was amazing.
Dream collaboration for you?
Well, as a Dj, i'm already lucky I found a great mixing partner in Roman Azzaro. We play a lot together, and it's amazing. I hope it's gonna go on for a while.
Most memorable set so far?
My first gig in South America, Baranquilla, Colombia. Such a powerful crowd, people just scream your name!
Sundae is growing. We are working on the next line ups.
- http://www.getthecurse.com/ great french blog, a lot of interviews, podcasts from everywhere,
- http://www.autobrennt.com One of the best events productions and podcasts from NYC
- http://www.lapetitemaisonelectronique.com/ weekly, and about everything good happening in Paris' nightlife, and not only.
- http://www.deepmix.ru/ for some good deep-mixes 24/7 direct from Moscou!
- celinesbeats.blogspot.com tracks I like, not only electronic music!!
Anything else you'd like to share?
I love long walks, bicycles, and cats... purrrrr.
Céline & Roman Azzaro