Tosca Delfino Swimwear
Tosca Delfino studied fashion construction and design in Toronto and Milan and experience at fashion houses such as Missoni, Valentin Yudashkin and Arthur Mendonca has shaped Delfino’s vibrant design aesthetic. Now Milan-based, she pairs lively, original prints with fresh, feminine patterns and delivers cosmopolitan collections; inspired by the world around her, Delfino leverages geography to enliven her collections: for SS 11, she draws from Bondi’s surf, Brooklyn’s palette and Milano’s emboldened textiles.
Greatest Inspirations or Influences?
- My ideas are inspired through a mix of things, people and cultures.
- I feel my creativity is at its highest when I am traveling. My influences can be related to color pallets from historic pieces, fashion and lifestyle of the 70's
Tom Ford, Missoni and Marc Jacobs
I am really traditional when it comes to reading publications, I still like to go out to a store and buy the printed versions. A couple of my favorites are:
- Vogue Italia, Dazed & Confused,
- Oyster, Harpers Bazaar UK,
- V magazine, and Pig Mag.
I use the internet though to browse when looking for interesting sites focused on fashion and design, Style.com is probably the one I frequent most!
Favorite stores anywhere in the world?
I like to mix new and old in both day and evening wear. I shop for vintage clothing regularly and have some favorite boutiques too
- Roxy BtQ - Toronto, Canada
- Arrogant Cat, London England
- Love Therapy San Babila, Milano
- Tuchuzzy Bondi Beach, Australia
Diesel I like their intricate details they add to all of their pieces, particularity there style lab label. Their add campaigns are always something to look forward to each season as they come up with great work year after year. I just love them!
Plans for 2011?
For 2011 I plan on launching the full collection and will be making my line available to retail store. This will include 2 mens styles, 5 beach wear separates, 2 new prints and 3 new styles and solid colors.