Izzie studied Fine Art at Chelsea School of Art. Shortly after graduating she founded Lazy Eye, working with film and video, creating and designing live shows and directing promos for bands including Death In Vegas and Beth Orton. Izzie continues to work with moving image for clients including Topshop, Topman and Calvin Klein.
She began working as an illustrator in 01 when she founded Hey Ladies fanzine with a group of female friends. Working within the parameters of this black and white fanzine she developed her distinctive pen and ink style, embracing colour, collage and digital media as her commercial commissions grew. She has recently begun to combine her experience as a director and as an illustrator by creating short animations, for personal projects and clients.
Clients include: Absolut Vodka, Arcadia Group, The Barbican, Calvin Klein, Channel 4, Creative Review, Coco De Mer, Dazed and Confused, Elle, Goldfrapp, The Guardian, Miss Selfridge, NME, Nylon Magazine, Oasis, Polydor Records, Preen Magazine, Sinha-Stanic, SonyBMG Records, Suburban Bliss, Tom Hingston Studio, Topman, Topshop, The V&A, Vice Magazine, Volvo, Vogue.
Dream project for you would be? I can't tell you in case I jinx it.
- Photography: http://www.christianjpetersen.com/Clever, inventive and imaginative images of women.
- Illustration: http://www.ninachakrabarti.com/ Elegant line drawings full of joy and beauty.
- Art/Design: http://www.iwantyoumagazine.com/Online home of eclectic and individual new magazine, visit and order a free copy.
- Fashion: http://www.jc-de-castelbajac.com/A mad mixture of Schiaparelli, Jean Cocteau and Walt Disney.
- Blogs: http://mogadonia.tumblr.com/
- http://www.thetrilogytapes.com/blog/ Both are constantly updated with strange and fascinating images.
Dream dinner guest would be? My boyfriend. I don't get to see him enough as he lives on a different continent to me..... maybe Ann Magnuson from Bongwater and Serge Gainsbourg could join us for dessert though.
Greatest inspiration or influences? My influences change daily, but at the moment I'm really inspired by Yayoi Kusama, Charles Burns, Tiny Vipers, Erte, Jeremy Deller, Milan Kundera, Guido Crepax, Milo Manara and Micheal Raedecker.