Longtime friends Misha Nonoo and Deborah Lyons, (also the talented shoe designer for Mechante), have recently launched Nonoo Lyons which is an exclusive fashion brand that focuses on tailored jackets and coats. Their line has just been picked up by Bendels, Takashimaya, and Intermix and a denim collaboration or menswear collection could also be in the works soon.
- Misha Nonoo: Travel, characters that we meet and even glance upon on the street, and literature.
- Deborah Lyons: Club kids, markets, vintage, travel, and the characters!
- MN: Alexander McQueen and Givenchy, because McQueen and Riccardo Tisci make these brands so potent and inspiring. They use drama and passion to push these brands to another level.
- DL. Hussein Chalayan for his futurism and the unbelievably sculptural quality of his work, and Vivienne Westwood for her excentricity and contribution to Brit punk.
- MN: Aside from the two above, Olivier Theyskens, and Azzedine Alaia, and the late Yves Saint Laurent and Elsa Schiaparelli...all blessed with such tremendous creative talent.
- DL. The above as well as Alexander Mcqueen for incredible tailoring and his mix of history and contemporary, Pierre Hardy for his unique approach to footwear and stunning use of colour and texture, and Valentino for his dedication to pure beauty.
Favorite stores around the world?
- MN: Pop-up stores! The limited time frame makes them so much more interesting.
- DL: Dover Street Market, Takashimaya, Edon Manor, and Diavolina.
- MN: TheSelby.com, Fashionologie.com, GaranceDore.fr, and TheSartorialist.com
- DL. JCReport.com, style.com
- MN: Dostoevsky and Gustave Flaubert - we named each piece in our collection this season after literary heroines, and I would love to hear these formidable authors' perceptions of each of their heroines.
- DL. Paul McCartney, Jonathan Ross, Karl Lagerfeld, and Vivienne Westwood.... Think after that I'd would never need to talk to anyone again. I wouldn't be cooking though or they'd never talk to me again.
- MN: Seville, Buenos Aires, or Budapest - each is different, but so stimulating in their own way.
- DL. Istanbul, Kenya, Ibiza... About every cultural contradiction you could every want to see exists somewhere between these 3
- MN: Daphne Guinness and the late Nan Kempner and Wallis Simpson.
- DL. Agyness Dean, Kate Moss, Audrey Hepburn, and Sofia Loren