Leticia Garcia is the creator and designer of a very funky and innovative fashion line called LEKUIN. The concept of LEKUIN is to use and recycle only organic materials. Everything is 100% handmade from fabrics that Leticia rescues from all over the world. Most of her pieces are one of a kind creations with a unique deconstructed style that one can wear in many different ways. The line keeps a very high end personality, and is created for people who understand the art that is involved in the creation of every single piece. Leticia began her career in the fashion industry at the young age of 15 when she began modeling and traveling all over the world walking the runways for all the main designers. Although she loved modeling, her true passion quickly became clear that it was the colors, shapes and textures of beautiful fabrics. LEKUIN is the reflection of that love she has for style and the inspiration from many cultures, places and people that influence her life.
- Giuseppe Tornatore (cinema),
- Mario Benedetti (literature),
- Alexander McQueen (fashion),
- The Knife (music) everything about them is electricity, passion, and inspiration to me.......
- I love the eclectic and dramatic style of Alexander McQueen,
- The architectural silhouettes and super avant- garde vision of Yohji Yamamoto
- And my good friend and amazing designer Louis Verdad, there is something remarkably masculine and feminine in his designs, his collections are always tres-chic , sexy and a perfect comfortable fit.
- MAXFIELD in L.A- high end store with an amazing fashion forward vision, their accessories are insane, and everything is breath taking in this place.
- I'm obsessed with Vintage, I love a little place called FLASHBACKS in Encinitas, Ca. I always find something unique there.
- And of course there is ZARA in La Gran Via in Madrid,
- Antropologie and INTERMIX in NY
- MOOD fabrics, I can spend hours on this place.....overwhelming
- I'm all into PLANET BLUE, I love the whole concept, they have great jewelery and shoes..and they carry my line LEKUIN so right now is on top of my list!
- the editorials I did for Christian Lacroix and Valentino
- walking the Runway is my favorite thing to do and I was lucky to present collections for international and national designers such as Versace, Giorgio Armani, Custo Barcelona , Louis Verdad, Armando Mafud, Macario Jimenez and Julia Renata to name a few.
- - I had the honor to work with the amazing photographer Deborah Turberville for VOGUE Mexico & Italy, Harper's Bazaar Russia and ELLE magazine.
- -And the beautiful Joyce Tenneson, her work is always involved in great causes, delightful art with a purpose. She captured myself in a beautiful book called "Surface Tension" , and had one of my photographs exposed on the big windows at Saks Fifth Avenue in NY, for mother's day......