What is Digital Lovers Records?
- DLR is three funny guys that can't live without music,
- DLR is to transmit fun to other humans,
- DLR is a DIY open-source label,
- DLR is the orange spot that stands out in the white mass.
How do you choose the artists that you represent?
- If you are crazy enough,
- If you really love this music,
- If you rock in,
- If you are an ideas person...
- you are welcome into our family!
What kind of music? This is a complex question. We think that dividing music into genres is a form of racism, so for the moment we tend to ramificate in various genres prevailing into the electronic sector, keeping in mind that is not the kind of music but it's quality. Your top 3 favourite dj´s and why? 1- The next one, for innovation 2- The past one, for the story 3- The current one, for fun Best Venues that you have done events? Wherever we find a crazy dancefloor that wants to rock it all nite long! Any venue can be the good one! We lately hosted 2 parties: one @ Divina Club, in Milan and one @ Roomservice Club, in NYC. Those parties gave us a lot of joy and fulfilled us musically.
- 1- www.residentadvisor.net news, forum, PODCAST, the feed... whatever you need is there! [2008 Top Charts Suck!]
- 2- www.beatport.com it's a love/hate relationship like in the best couples!
- 3- www.digitallovers.net because... a bit of spam is always good
Things to look forward to in music in 09? 09 must be the year of change. It's the age of digital downloading and djing. Vinyl is fucked! Don't get us wrong: we love vinyls! in DLR we have a big collection of vinyls and sometimes we still use them... but humans are here thanks to evolution. And everything evolves. It's natural! We shifted from horses to cars, from envelopes to emails, from papers to internet, from VHS to DVD, and now it's time to shift from vinyls to MP3. Anyway we seriously hope in a clubbing industry revenge.Plans for Digital Lovers in the States in 09? Well... DLR is not going to officially take part in this year's WMC or any other festival. Maybe we will have a trip to Miami during those days but only to have a look. There is always a mess during that events so we won't have the right feeling with our crowd. We prefer to do a partynight in NY or Miami or wherever during the year than taking part in such events. It's more fun and we connect better with our crowd. Artistically speaking, we decided to collaborate with two US artists that really rock. Some really cool stuff will be released throughout the whole 2009, so stay tuned fellas!!!