DEZSO SARA BELTRAN INTERVIEW
Sara Beltran, originally from Mexico began her career in fashion assisting one of the word's most recognized stylists; Joe McKenna for Italian Vogue.
She started designing jewelry when Tracy Feith and his wife Susan commented on how much they loved a necklace she was wearing that she had made herself. Only three years ago she created her own line called "Dezso" which means desire in Latin with the likes of Ashley Olsen,Karolina Kurkova and Jenna Bush already as clients.
She loves to use organic materials such as wood, seeds and bone and in the past year has begun to use yellow gold, rose gold and silver.Her passion is the sea which is always the inspiration for her designs, so you will find a lot of her pieces include shells, and shark tooth.
What are some of the highlights of your career?
My biggest accomplishment is DEZSO I'm so excited about it. What I enjoy the most is when I see people excited about wearing it!
Favorite photographers? Mario Testino I love his pictures. And Bruce Weber he always captures the moment, and creates the moment as well.
Best fashion campaigns you have worked on? Abercrombie & Fitch, I assisted for 3 years and it was such a fun experience. Because its such a huge crew it always ends up being a family reunion. Working with Bruce Weber is always really fascinating and an amazing learning experience.
- Italian Vogue, its very artsy.
- I also like elle! Its accessible.
- And I love Teen Vogue they are very supportive with my jewelery.
3 things you cant live without?
- my Yorkshire mila!
- My blackberry
- and my body lotion skin trip- go crazy with out it
Designers you love?
- Balenciaga I love- Very edgy and at the same time very chic!
- Missoni, most of my bikinis are missoni.
- Rogan all my favorite jeans are his, I have all his tshirts including from his line loomstate, the cotton is organic and I just love it.
- And I love 3.1 philliph lim
Challenges of the fashion industry in New York? Every day is a challenge in this city.