TARIK MALAK INTERVIEW
TarikMalak is the founder of "La Boutique" a high end photographic retouching company founded last year in the Meatpacking district, which has quickly become one of the most creative retouching labs in the city. Clients include U.S. Vogue, V magazine, Pop, Vogue Italia, ID, and brands such as Chanel, Shiseido, and DVF. Although they collaborate with the world's top photographers and editors they focus on new talents that the company believes are tomorrow's innovators. His background is in branding luxury goods and creative marketing with experience in advertising, but you'll probably find him discussing the latest fashion campaigns over a drink at Beatrice Inn.
- Lanvin is great, but too expensive...
- I used to be very Dior Hommes, but now that Hedi left, it s not the same...
- Margiela (good shirts)
- Tom Ford (great classical business clothes)
- Marc Jacobs (not everything though)
- Jil Sander...
- Dries van Noten (good ties) and YSL
- And of course Apple ! The ultimate brand in the industry
Best Parties you have been to in New York?
- Fashion week parties of course... The Moma party 2 seasons ago with the Blondie concert was fun, the Marc Jacobs back in the days...Used to have fun at the V mag parties too...Otherwise... last year at the Beatrice almost any night, it used to be really fun... I must say the best party I went to this year wasn t in NYC... It was the Fendi store opening in Paris this last Fashion week... Amazing bar and food with a Amy Winehouse private concert... Really cool.